MAKING CONNECTIONS: MUSIC AND MOVEMENT FOR CLASSROOM TEACHERS with Janet Greene (EDUX 9330)
July 18-22, 2022
This course is designed for classroom teachers and preschool teachers eager to enliven
their classes with music and movement and create connections between a variety of
disciplines. Music and movement specialists interested in a first exposure to Orff
Schulwerk are also welcome to attend. Participants will:
- Explore and enhance their own musical, movement and dramatic skills.
- Learn multiple ways to bring music and dance into the lives of their students with
musical games, stories, creative movement, songs, rhymes and body percussion.
Experience the Orff approach through the shared elements of music, dance and
- Create new ways of integrating music and dance into the science, math, ESL, and
- Discover ways to enhance Social and Emotional Skills through music and movement.
- Explore the philosophy and process of Orff Schulwerk.
“The place where it (the Schulwerk) can be most effective and where its connections with other
subjects can be explored, developed and fully exploited…is the school.” -Carl Orff
Children’s poetry or nursery rhyme book; journal.
Making Connections: Music and Movement for the Classroom Teacher (EDUX 9330)
Instructor: Janet Greene
Dates: July 18-22, 2022
Times: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Cost: $675.00 (no credit); $785.00 (2 continuing education credits)
Location: The San Francisco School
300 Gaven St.
San Francisco, CA 94134
To register please click HERE
(There are a limited number of scholarships available for the SFIOC 2022 courses. To fill out an application, please click HERE. )