THE JAZZ COURSE IN NEW JERSEY/NEW YORK: The Orff Approach to Teaching Jazz to All Ages (EDUX 9334)
With Doug Goodkin and guest teachers
August 17-21, 2020 at New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC)
America’s only course combining the dynamic repertoire of jazz with the dynamic pedagogy of Orff Schulwerk will make its East Coast debut! After a vibrant experience last summer in New Orleans, this summer’s offering will take advantage of jazz’s extraordinary history in New York, featuring select guest artists and some field trips.
The Jazz Course, now in its 31st year, has long been an effective way to bring jazz to young children via the Orff Approach. This course works best for jazz players new to Orff and Orff teachers new to jazz, but all those eager to learn are welcome. Those have taken the course previously are welcome to return and enjoy the new material. Don’t miss it!
- Now’s the Time: Teaching Jazz to All Ages: Doug Goodkin (Pentatonic Press)
- All Blues: Jazz for the Orff Ensemble: Doug Goodkin (Pentatonic Press)
- Step It Down: Bessie Jones & Bess Lomax Hawes
- Boom Chick a Boom (CD): Doug Goodkin & the Pentatonics
- This year’s Jazz Course will be held at NJPAC (New Jersey Performing Arts Center) in Newark, New Jersey.
Housing and Food:
- Most participants will be commuters from the Tri-State Area. Those in need of housing can either contact the Robert Treat Hotel or the Indigo Hotel directly or Doug Goodkin at e-mail below.
There are many breakfast and lunch options within walking distance of NJPAC.
Orff Schulwerk : The Jazz Course (EDUX 9334)
Instructor : Doug Goodkin and guest artists
Dates : August 17-21, 2020
Times : 9:00am – 4:00pm
Cost : $650.00 (no credit) $760.00 (credit)
For further info, contact Goodkindg@aol.com