|RE-OPENING PLAN SUMMER 2021|
Levels I, II, III: July 26-Aug.6, 2021
Following the new reality that “all plans are provisional,” we are proceeding with a plan to return to live on-site teaching this summer at Hidden Valley Music Seminars. As of February, our intentions and hopes are as follows:
• We will offer Levels I, II, III.
• Orff-Afrique live in Ghana will be postponed to 2022, but an online version with teacher Kofi Gbolonyo teaching from Ghana with fellow Ghanaian teachers and children from Nunya Academy will be offered. Dates are July 5-9, 2021 for Western Hemisphere and July 12-16, 2021 for Eastern Hemisphere.
• The Introduction to Orff Schulwerk and Classroom Applications course will be held at Hidden Valley this year from July 26-30, 2021
• The Dalcroze Master Class will be postponed to 2022.
• The Jazz Class may be offered online. Stay tuned for further information.
• Course size and faculty: Due to continued possible travel restrictions, we anticipate that very few international students will be able to attend the course this summer. It’s likely that we will work with a smaller Levels course and reduced faculty, beginning with local teachers Doug Goodkin, Sofia Lopez-Ibor, James Harding and Andrea Donahoe, along with Christa Coogan.
CRITERIA FOR ATTENDANCE
• All teachers and Hidden Valley staff will be vaccinated.
• All attending students must show proof of an approved (by the American CDC) Covid-19 vaccination to attend.
• We will attend to all precautions recommended by the CDC at that time in regards to masks, social distance, outdoor classes, testing, etc.
• People accepted in 2020 will automatically be accepted for 2021, but need to reapply to re-confirm their intention.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.